My anonymous blog in which I gave myself a year to find a job in journalism before chucking the whole thing in. I was contacted by Stevie Martin at GoThinkBig who asked me to write a column for them. I actually knew Stevie from university, and replied, "Hey Stevie...it's actually Erica. Hi!"
I got hired by the Guardian eight months into my search, by which time I'd gathered a crowd of jobless, aspiring-journo followers. Some highlights:
- Getting a column called "My Week in Joblessness" for Bauer Media's GoThinkBig
- The week I tried to claim I was secretly JK Rowling
- The column I wrote about an interview at the Guardian: expectations vs reality, which promptly went viral
- The week I was offered a job at the Guardian
- The overwhelming days of congratulations from hundreds of strangers, which made me realise what blogging can do.